Five local lyricists and all of their fans will meet at the Kitchen Craft Waterfall Stage on Tuesday, Oct. 20, at 1:30 p.m. for the $5 Footlong Song Challenge showdown! Come on out to cheer for your favorite performance.
Here are the finalists:
- Kris Thomas, 27, a school and office furniture salesman from Greenville, will sing to country music.
- Austin Moss, a 17-year-old N.C. State University student from Raleigh, singing to rock music.
- Nicole Griffin, 20, and Lindsey Barfield, 24. The duo will sing to bluegrass music. Both women are from Raleigh, Griffin is an assistant producer on the TLC reality program “Jon & Kate Plus Eight”; Barfield works for the State Employees Credit Union.
- Paulette Hernandez, 51, is a hip-hopping grandmother and college student from Raleigh, who is an operational manager for the N.C. Department of Labor.
- Emily Dionne, a 24-year-old makeup artist from Raleigh, will perform to country music.
Check out this video with some clips from the audition.
Each contestant submitted original lyrics about the State Fair and Subway footlong sandwiches. Special guest judges from radio station G-105’s “Bob and the Showgram” will choose the winner, who will receive a $500 Subway gift card and tickets to see Anoop Desai in concert at Dorton Arena on Thursday, Oct. 22.
Tell your friends. We’ll see you there!