In addition to your admission ticket and attraction tickets, there’s one more ticket you may want to consider for your trip to the State Fair…a train ticket! If you are traveling west to the State Fair from outside of Raleigh then the train is a fun and convenient way to get to the fair!
During the fair, NC By Train and Amtrak have a special stop at the State Fair (Station NSF). The train delivers passengers near an entrance to the fairgrounds, eliminating the stress that can come with parking. Passengers can board the train at stations in Charlotte, Kannapolis, Salisbury, High Point, Greensboro, Burlington and even Durham or Cary.
The State Fair train proves to be popular year after year. Some passengers purchase their tickets as soon as they go on sale and tickets can sell out in as fast as a week! An NCDOT Amtrak train has many perks including comfy seats, free Wi-Fi and a café car.
Tips for Fairgoers taking the train:
- Be sure to purchase your fair tickets online before getting to the fair. This will help you avoid lines at the gate getting in. The closest gate for those who have already purchased tickets is Gate 12. If you want to purchase admission tickets at the Fair, go to the ticket booth at Gate 2.
- Review the fair map, free entertainment and what’s new for this year while on the train. There is a a lot to see and do at the fair and it helps to have a game plan before getting there.
- A clear bag policy is new for 2021. Before boarding the train make sure your bags are in compliance with this policy.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Trust us! You will most likely do a lot of walking to see it all!
- Find more insider tips here! There’s a lot to do in addition to rides and foods and this will give you an idea of where to find it all!
For N.C. State Fair train schedules and prices go to this link
www.ncbytrain.org/tickets and use station code NSF. The State Fair Train runs Oct. 15-24.