We hope everyone has been to the State Fair at least once, but with so many newcomers to the state we figure there are some people who may have never been. Coming to the fair for the first time can be a little overwhelming, and as our fair veterans know, there is a way to do it right. We asked our Facebook fans to help newcomers out by suggesting their favorite parts of the fair.
Top 10 Fair Musts, as offered by State Fair fans:
- “Get some Al’s fries! They are the best!”
- “Buy your ride tickets NOW while they are on discount.”
- “The Cake Decorating contests are my favorite!”
- “The Pig Races are always the best part!”
- “Parking can be a pain, but public transportation is SO easy! Definitely take advantage of the park and ride buses!”
- “I love the Junior Agriculture Show and the Horticulture Exhibit in the Expo Center!”
- “ROASTED CORN!!! I am going to need one for each hand!”
- “Don’t forget some good walking shoes!!”
- “Dress in layers so you can stay for the fireworks at night!”
- “Village of Yesteryear is a must see!”
The Deep Fried Crew adds a few tips of our own:
- Download the State Fair App from the iTunes App Store or Google Play for Android devices.
- Don’t wait until Thursday to buy your advance tickets. The lines get progressively longer.
- Come opening weekend. Historically, attendance is lower.
- Walk through the buildings later in the evening. They are less crowded when the sun goes down.
- Share your food with friends or family. You can try more things that way.
There’s a lot to do at the fair, but with helpful tips like these, it will be fun and stress-free.