Spring has certainly arrived when the popular Southern Ideal Home Show – Spring Edition returns to the Graham Building and Exposition Center. This three-day event allows homeowners to see the latest in home improvement trends, and shop, compare and seek advice from professionals and see the latest in home improvement trends. The event features hundreds of building, remodeling, kitchen and bath, landscaping, outdoor living and interior design companies. This event has set the standard as the “must-see” home and garden event of the year. Hours are Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $9 for adults and $5 for ages 60-plus. Children under age 12 admitted free. Friday is Hero Day and shoppers with active and valid military, police, fire or EMT IDS and teachers will be admitted free. Online tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for ages 60-plus. Use promo code FAIR to buy one ticket and get one free.
- NC Strongest Man & Woman Competition is Saturday in Dorton Arena. Come see more than 200 athletes compete in five strongman lift competitions. Admission is $20. Event hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Region 12 & 15 All-Arabian Horse Show runs through Sunday at the Hunt Horse Complex. Arabian-Half Arabian competition includes various indoor and outdoor events in performance, halter, sport horse, dressage, hunter jumper and carriage driving. Free admission. Shows start daily at 8 a.m.
- Pipe and Tobacciana Expo is Saturday in the Holshouser Building. Event includes multiple vendors showcasing both new and estate pipes, plus pipe accessories as well as tobacco and tobacco samples from leading suppliers. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and admission is $5 .
- The Raleigh Flea Market is Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Commercial and Education buildings and surrounding grounds. Come and browse for treasures at the flea market, recognized as one of the largest in the southeast. Visitors will find hundreds of booths filled with antiques, clothes and handcrafted goods this weekend.
- The 5th annual Unleashed Mutt Spring Fling is Sunday at the Holshouser Building, Tobacco Pavilion and Heritage Circle. This event is focused on helping local area animal rescue groups. Many rescues will be there along with local vendors, and games. One of the most popular activities is the Doggie Easter Egg Hunt with thousands of eggs filled with special prizes! Admission is free for dogs and people. Donations for local rescue groups appreciated. Hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Precious Gem and Mineral Show will be returning for it’s 42nd year Friday through Sunday in the Scott Building. This show is sponsored by the Tar Heel Gem & Mineral Club and includes 29 dealers and features demonstration areas and lectures. Grab bags with mineral specimens, some with a facet gem, will also be available. Other features include a geode raffle, door prizes and rock candy. The on-going silent auction will have new items every hour. Dealers will provide minerals, fossils, finished jewelry, gemstones, findings and beads for sale. Hours are Friday, 3 to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free.