We love the fair around here, and if you follow this blog, you probably love the fair, too. You probably also know that this year’s theme is “Love A Fair.” If you love the fair as much as we do and have some artistic ability, then we have an opportunity for you to help us spread the “Love A Fair” theme.
We’re looking for talented artists, designers and creative types to help us with a special State Fair promotion at artSPARK on Saturday, Sept. 17. For those of you who don’t know, artSPARK is a part of SPARKcon, a four-day celebration of Raleigh’s creative community. Street chalking is one of the more popular events at artSPARK, and this year we’re going to be there with four spaces about the fair.
We think our chalking skills will be just fine for one space, but we need help on the other three. Send us an illustration of what you love about the food, rides or agriculture at the N.C. State Fair. We’ll sort through all the entries and pick our favorite drawings for each category.
If your entry is selected, you get to join us Saturday, Sept. 17, to bring your sketch to life at artSPARK and help spread the word about the N.C. State Fair.
In addition, for winning you’ll receive a sweet State Fair prize pack that includes two free tickets to the fair. Plus, you’ll rack up major street cred by being an honorary member of the Deep Fried Crew for the day. So, get out your pastels and Prismacolors and start coming up with some ideas. Entries are due Aug. 31.
Here are more details:
- All contestants must be able to attend and complete their final version during artSPARK on Saturday, Sept. 17.
- Final street paintings will be 6’x6′ square. All submissions must be proportional. If submissions are not proportional, they will be cropped for final versions.
- All entries should be sent via email to email@example.com.
- All entries must be received by Aug. 31 at 5 p.m.
- Contestants may enter multiple designs, but please no more than five per person.
- Each entry should focus on one of three themes: State Fair Food, State Fair Rides, State Fair Agriculture.
- One winner will be chosen from each theme.
- The winners will be announced Friday, Sept. 9, and will be provided with more information about the event.
- Chalk will be provided to each winner to complete the final versions. If additional materials are needed to complete the design, those must be provided by the winner.
- Event check-in time is 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 17. The event requires all entries to be completed by 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 17.
If you have any questions about the promotion, leave us a comment below. We’ll answer all the questions on the blog for the benefit of all participants.
We can’t wait to see your stuff.