In 2008, the N.C. State Fair helped celebrate the 10th anniversary of Jared the Subway guy’s tremendous weight loss, and his former size 60 pants, with the Pants Dance Revolution. This year, Jared is taking his message of health and fitness all the way to New York to compete in the NYC Marathon, and he wants you to come cheer him on. All you have to do is help us “Celebrate What’s Great” about the State Fair by competing in the Great Fair-A-Thon Challenge, and you may be on your way to the Big Apple!
Great Fair-A-Thon Challenge participants will first compete in a virtual, online scavenger hunt, and selected participants will then move on to the ultimate in-person scavenger hunt at the State Fair on Tuesday, Oct. 19.
Here’s the deal:
- Visit www.GreatFairAThonChallenge.com to download the online scavenger hunt Game Card.
- At the beginning of each week between now and Oct. 4, a new clue will be posted that will tell you where to find the latest State Fair-related question and answer. Keep track of each week’s clues on your Game Card, and submit all five of your answers online beginning Oct. 4.
- We’ll randomly select eight semi-finalists from the completed and correct Game Card submissions. Semi-finalists will choose a teammate, and compete in the 60-minute Great Fair-A-Thon Challenge scavenger hunt at the fairgrounds on Oct. 19.
- The on-site scavenger hunt will consist of 26 pit stops, in honor of the 26.2 marathon miles that Jared will run, and will take participants all over the fairgrounds to complete activities for points.
- The top two teams will then advance to the Trivia Round, a Family Feud-style event emceed by Jared himself, and scored by a panel of judges and the audience. The Grand Prize winner will be the team with the most correct answers.
The Grand Prize winner will receive a two-day package to watch Jared Fogle compete in the NYC Marathon on Nov. 7. The package includes round-trip airfare and hotel stay for two adults. The second place winner will receive a $250 Subway gift card. Each of the remaining semi-finalists will receive a FREE Subway Giant Sub.
Ok, then get your Great Fair-A-Thon Challenge Game Card ready, because here’s the question and answer for Clue #1:
Q:Name the artist that is performing in Dorton Arena on Tuesday, Oct. 19, during the N.C. State Fair.
A: Chris Young