The fair can be a great group activity for office bonding, student groups, church youth group, neighborhood associations or other clubs. Here’s a few tips to help plan a group outing to the N.C. State Fair.
- Buy your tickets in advance! If you are buying for a group of adults it is usually pretty easy to make it to the 40 adult tickets needed to purchase at the $8 each group rate. The group rate for 40 child tickets is $4 per ticket. More information on group ticketing is available online.
- Settle on a meeting spot. We recommend the Tobacco Pavilion in Heritage Circle, the Martin Building on the Midway or near the new SkyGazer Ferris Wheel by Gate 1. This would be a great time for a group photo!
- Pick out a group activity. We offer three scavenger hunts geared to school-aged children. We also have a selfie challenge and Deep Fried Bingo. These fun activities help ensure you visit many areas of the fairgrounds. We recommend the winner get bragging rights and maybe something deep-fried on a stick.
- Ride the State Fair Flyer or the SkyGazer. Stand in line together to get put on at the same time. The SkyGazer holds 6 people per gondola. The Flyer can seat two people in each car. Discount advance tickets for both rides can be purchased online and at several walk up locations.
- Support local N.C. music – take your group to a concert as part of the Homegrown Music Fest. More than 100 bands will take the stage during the run of the fair.
Be sure to budget plenty of time for walking around to see blue-ribbon exhibits, eat food and enjoy the free entertainment.