Sunshine, shopping and the Southern Ideal Home Show will be in abundance at the N.C. State Fairgrounds this weekend. The spring edition of the Southern Ideal Home Show takes over Graham Building and Expo Center Friday through Sunday, featuring hundreds of building, remodeling, kitchen and bath, landscaping, outdoor living and interior design companies. This event provides homeowners with opportunities to shop, compare and seek advice from professionals and see the latest in home improvement trends. Event times are Friday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $9 for adults, free for children 15 and under with paying adult. Adults ages 55 and over get in for $7 on Friday. Hero Day is on Friday and offers free admission with an active and valid military, police, fire or EMT identification card.
Other events this weekend:
- The Chatlee Boat Show & Sale kicked off on Thursday in the Scott Building, featuring a large selection of saltwater, skiffs, ski & deck boards. The show is open noon to 8 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Admission is free.
- The Raleigh Invitational Horse Show is at the Hunt Horse Complex through Saturday. Show features American Saddle Bred and Morgan horses. This is an AMHA two-star rated show featuring the Equine Roadster Cup and the Equine Pony Cup. Show runs Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free for spectators.
- The Pilot Club of Raleigh will hold a Geranium Sale at the L.R. Harrill Center Friday through Sunday. The money raised will go towards their charity work.
- The Adidas Clearance Sale will be held through Sunday in the Holshouser Building. Daily hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Admission is free.
- The Pipe and Tobacciana Expo will be Saturday in the Martin Building. The expo will include distributors, collectors and pipe clubs. A selection of smoking pipes, pipe racks, humidors and smoking accessories will be available as well as custom-blended tobaccos from around the world, pipe makers and pipe trading. Expo also features hourly raffles and door prizes. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Admission is $3.
- The Raleigh Flea Market is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday, featuring hundreds of dealers, craftsmen and booths.
NOTE: The City of Raleigh is hosting the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon on Sunday, April 13. The race route includes portions of Hillsborough, Blue Ridge, Trinity and Edwards Mill roads around the Fairgrounds. Please check out the map provided by race organizers for more information.