Spring has certainly arrived when the popular Southern Ideal Home Show – Spring Edition returns to the Graham Building and Exposition Center. This three-day event allows homeowners to see the latest in home improvement trends, and shop, compare and seek advice from professionals and see the latest in home improvement trends. The event features hundreds of building, remodeling, kitchen and bath, landscaping, outdoor living and interior design companies. This event has set the standard as the “must-see” home and garden event of the year. Hours are Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $10. Discount tickets are available at local Walgreens locations for $7. On Friday only, seniors ages 55 and up receive admission for $7. Friday is also Hero Day and shoppers with active and valid military, police, fire or EMT IDS will be admitted free.
- Chatlee Boat Show & Sale runs Thursday through Sunday in the Scott Building. Check out the large selection of saltwater, skiffs, ski and deck boats. Show features a boat for every budget. Admission is free. Hours are Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Torch Arena Football is back in Dorton Arena this Saturday. Come watch the Triangle’s professional indoor football team, the Torch, take on the Cap City Bulls from Austin, Texas. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and game starts at 7:30 p.m. General admission is $14 for adults and $10 for children ages 3 to 12. VIP seats are $25. Check online for season ticket and flex plan packages.
- Region 12 & 15 All-Arabian Horse Show runs through Sunday at the Hunt Horse Complex. Arabian-Half Arabian competition includes various indoor and outdoor events in performance, halter, sport horse, dressage, hunter jumper and carriage driving. Free admission. Shows start daily at 8 a.m.
- The Pilot Club of Raleigh is holding it’s annual Geranium Sale at the L.R. Harrill Center near Gate 6. Proceeds will benefit various community projects. Hours are Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
- Pipe and Tobacciana Expo is Saturday in the Holshouser Building. Event includes multiple vendors showcasing both new and estate pipes, plus pipe accessories as well as tobacco and tobacco samples from leading suppliers. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and admission is $5 .
- EPIC Cheerleading Spring Finale Classic is Saturday in Dorton Arena. This event is the North Carolina Spring Finale Classic Competition. Doors open at 1 p.m. and competition begins at 2, and features cheerleaders and dancers of all ages competing to win their age divisions and grand champion honors. Awards ceremony begins at 8 p.m. Spectator admission is $14 for adults and $8 for ages 6 to 12, military and ages 65 plus.
- The Professional Firefighters and Paramedics of N.C. annual fundraiser concert featuring Sister Hazel is Sunday in Dorton Arena. General admission is $28. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and concert begins at 6:30.
- The Raleigh Flea Market is Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Commercial and Education buildings and surrounding grounds. Come explore the hundreds of booths filled with antiques, clothes and handcrafted goods this weekend.