The Arabian and Half-Arabian Sport Horse National Show is at the Hunt Horse Complex this week, with competitors from all over the nation. The show is free for spectators and also offers the Total Arabian Interactive Learning tours on Thursday, Sept. 17, at 6 p.m.; Friday, Sept. 18 at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.; and on Saturday, Sept. 19 at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Go online to register for a tour and to find showtimes.
Other events at the fairgrounds this weekend:
- Lonestar and Brent Rupard will perform Saturday night in Dorton Arena. Tickets are $28. Doors open at 7 p.m. and concert begins at 8 p.m. This event is a fundraiser for the Raleigh Professional Firefighters and Paramedics of North Carolina.
- AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day is Saturday in the Holshouser Building. This is a free event for dog lovers and their dogs. Activities include a microchip clinic, Canine Good Citizen testing, dog sport demonstrations, meet the breeds, kids activities and more.
- The Old North State Antique Gun & Military Collector Show is Saturday and Sunday in the Scott Building. Antique guns, U.S. and foreign military arms and memorabilia will be exhibited, bought, sold and traded. World War I, World War II, Civil War and other conflicts included. Hours are Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults, $1 for children ages 6 to 12 and free for children ages 5 and under.
- The Central North Carolina Pagan Pride Day is Saturday and Sunday at the L.R. Harrill Center. Attendees are welcome to join or observe rituals, attend workshops, meet with a variety of local groups and more, all in a festival environment full of vendors, music and fun. Event hours are Saturday and Sunday, 10:45 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. This event is open to the public and admission each day is a donation to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
- Come on out to the fairgrounds this weekend and enjoy a stroll through the Raleigh Flea Market. Open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., the flea market hosts hundreds of dealers each weekend. Space is also available to rent for the day or weekend. Space is available for $30 for Saturday, $25 for Sunday or $50 for the entire weekend. More information is online.