There are plenty of events happening at the fairgrounds this weekend, so there’s sure to be something for everyone. Mark your calendars:
- The Southern Ideal Home Show is Friday through Sunday in the Graham Building and Exposition Center. The show will feature hundreds of building, remodeling, kitchen and bath, landscaping, outdoor living and interior design companies. Homeowners can shop and seek expert advice from housing professionals. Hours are Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $10 at the door. Children under age 15 are admitted for free.
- The NCQHA Tar Heel Futurity Fall Classic Show is Friday through Sunday in the Hunt Horse Complex. There will be circuit awards for each class and an estimated $90,000 awarded in prize money.
- The Supercar Autocross Ride and Drive Experience is Saturday and Sunday in the Blue Ridge and Trinity Road lots. The event will offer a 60-minute group Ferrari and Lamborghini Agility Experience that will teach car enthusiasts how to drive an exotic sports car. Admission to participate in the Ferrari and Lamborghini Agility Experience is $99, and admission for family and friends to watch is free.
- The DogGoneFast Flyball Club Flyball Tournament is Saturday and Sunday in the Holshouser Building. Flyball is a fast-paced sport for dogs and their owners that has become popular on Animal Planet and ESPN’s Great Outdoor Games. There is a relay race with four dogs per team and a series of obstacles to overcome and tasks to perform, and the first team with all dogs to complete them wins. Hours are Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Admission is free, and spectators are welcome to bring their leashed dogs to watch the action.
- The North State Toy and Hobby Show is Saturday and Sunday in the Scott Building. The event will offer antique to modern collectible toys, sports cards and sports memorabilia, including Star Wars, Hot Wheels and Lord of the Rings. There will be over 70 exhibitors buying, selling and trading goods. Hours are Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $5 per day or $7 for a weekend pass. Children ages 15 and under are admitted for free.
- The Professional Firefighters and Paramedics of NC Presents Mark Chestnut in Concert at Dorton Arena on Saturday night. The event is an annual fundraiser featuring the country singer and songwriter. Admission is $30, and tickets can be bought online or beginning at 4 p.m. on the day of the concert. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and the show will begin at 6 p.m.
- The Raleigh Flea Market is Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Commercial and Education buildings and outdoor grounds. This will be the last weekend that shoppers can attend the market as it closes to prepare for the N.C. State Fair. It will reopen Saturday, Nov. 4.