So, you’re stuck at home.
It’s a familiar situation for many people right now. Staying inside and working from home has become the new norm as the world deals with the COVID-19 pandemic. Being shut in all day comes with its own unique set of challenges, and finding ways to entertain yourself and keep things interesting is particularly important.
What better time to indulge your sweet tooth a bit? This sweet treat makes for a great snack to whip up while staying indoors, and it uses a collection of ingredients you may already have in your pantry in case the grocery stores are running low. Salty pretzels help offset the sweetness of the marshmallows and chocolate, and the Rice Krispies give the whole affair a satisfying crunch. There is even room for customization depending on what you have on hand – maybe consider some North Carolina peanuts during National Peanut Month!
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 6 tablespoons salted butter (3/4 stick)
• 1 (10-ounce) bag marshmallows
• 3 cups Rice Krispies, or other crisp rice cereal
• 3 cups butter-flavored or regular mini-pretzels, broken into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces
• 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
• Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
Recipe from: NY Times Cooking